Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New Beginnings

I guess I'll start  by introducing myself.  I'm Erin, a 27 year old army wife and new mom.  I've been married to my wonderful husband for 4 years, after a 3 year long engagement.  We have a 6 month old son, Connor, who is the most amazing little boy.

My husband, Chris, joined the army around the time I found out I was pregnant.  He was away at basic training my entire third trimester, and came home on my due date.  Connor was born a week later, then Chris left for AIT (training for his specific job) When Connor was 10 days old, and was gone for 4 months.

(Side bar:  I have SO much respect for single moms.  It's so hard taking care of a baby all by yourself...nobody to help you with the baby in the middle of the night, nobody to hold the baby so you can take a shower, or eat, or go to the bathroom...well, you get the idea.  It's hard.)

So, Chris came home when Connor was just about 4.5 months old.  Then began my real introduction into the military life.  We packed everything up and moved to Fort Bragg.  Luckily, it's only about an hour and a half away from where we WERE, and where my family still is, so I still get to see them sometimes.  It sucks though, moving somewhere not knowing a single other person in the area (aside from my husband and baby that is).

It's an adventure, that's for sure.   My life as an army wife and a mom is a crazy roller coaster, and it's just begun.  This is my life as Mrs. A.


Here's my little man Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment