Friday, September 20, 2013

Starting anew....again.

I know, I know, I said it all before.  I'm going to finally keep up with my blog! Only to write one post and forget about it.  But now that my baby isn't so much a baby anymore (he's almost 3!) and I have a NEW baby, I really want to have somewhere to journal all the things they do that probably nobody other than family cares about, but I want to remember forever. 

Also, someone recently gifted me a sewing machine - she had inherited it and didn't want it! - and what started out as me wanting to do small pinterest projects for the kids has turned into so so much more.  I finally have a hobby, something for me to do outside of my role as wife and mother, but something I don't have to go out of the home for (which is great because I rarely have the time to go anywhere, especially without my kids in tow).  So I want to use this blog as a way to keep up with my progress with my crafty side.

It has only been a few weeks but I've made a few things already that I'm proud of.  Most aren't good enough to sell, but good enough for a beginner like me (actually better than I had anticipated), and good enough to gift to friends and family.  I'm learning about quilting right now and I'm so intimidated by it but I have to get my feet wet at some point, right?  Reading about it and watching videos aren't going to produce a quilt, I have to actually do some sewing.  And if it turns out crappy, who cares?  I'll hopefully learn from it and do better next time...and even better the time after that.  My first goal is to get good enough to make a quilt out of the baby clothes that I have saved from my boys. 


No comments:

Post a Comment